Friday, April 8, 2011

#23

Today is Friday and it has been a very good day so far physically and mentally. I have had plenty of energy and even took a really, really long walk (a 2 hour walk). The only animal products I had today were a tiny bit of milk in my coffee and some canned tuna on my supper salad that I am eating right now. The tuna tastes like one step above cat food. The texture of the tuna is completely pulverized bottom of the barrel flavorless garbage. The brand name is Chicken of the Sea solid white packed in water and I must say not only do I feel somewhat guilty but the guilt wasn't even worth it!
If I hadn't mixed it into my salad I wouldn't bother finishing it but I will have to discard the whole salad in order to get rid of the so called tuna. I did toss a few croutons on my salad and they probably have some dairy or egg derivative in them. I need to learn how to make vegan croutons and keep them on hand. The tomatoes in the salad were from Mexico so I washed them extremely thoroughly with warm soapy water. They were very good.
Tomorrow is  one of the 2 days that Haymarket is open and I am going to get up early and drive in to the city to load up on produce. I can get twice the produce for the same money as I would normally spend at area supermarkets. Last time I went I scored organic broccoli for a buck a bunch. VERY sweet deal. :-)
I have been eating plenty of fruit but definitely need to up the veggie intake to help displace some of the cooked food I have been leaning on.
On a different not I am looking forward to joining the workaday rat race again and especially the part about the paycheck. Work can either be fun or drudgery depending on your attitude. I'll take the fun attitude. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment