Saturday, February 12, 2011

DAY 10- Could do better.

Today is Saturday and even though I have been out of the work week grind for a few years it still feels like a day for fun. Well, I didn't have much fun today but I did manage to do quite a bit of reading and rereading some of my favorite blogs on simplifying and reducing clutter. This is good. It gets me motivated again as I had kind of lost my zeal for minimalism this past year or so. It doesn't help when you have some deaths in the family and then are faced with what to do with all the leftover possessions. In the span of about 3 years  I lost 3 of the closest people to me: my Dad, my Grandma and my Mom. I have had to come face to face with all that's left of their lives when they left this world. It all comes down to stuff. Sorting through the stuff left behind can be very difficult emotionally but also quite the learning experience. You learn so much about the deceased and one can't help but think of their own demise and what stuff they will leave behind. If you start planning for your stuff after your death could that be bad luck? I don't know but I am somewhat superstitious so the thought has crossed my mind a time or two. I often thought I should pre-order my headstone so it will be exactly as I want it to be and not someone else's best guess. Hmmm. I will think more on that at a later time like say in another few decades or so.
So continuing on with the mission to lighten my load I was able to discard two cracked cups (not fit for charity) and one pair of old binoculars that are still usable so they will go to charity. I have two pairs of binoculars that are quite similar so I am keeping the best pair and parting with the pair in the photo. I feel a pair of binoculars is a good thing to keep as I enjoy trying to identify different birds that stop by my yard from time to time.
Binoculars for charity box.

As for my quest for better health, I could have done better today. All I had from my "Do EAT" list is one tangerine. I had plenty from the "DON'T EAT" list. Such as Lay's Lightly Salted potato chips (an ample amount), an Angus burger from MacDonalds, a Macdonald's french fry, a medium regular Coke, about 10 pretzel rods, 2 or 3 vodka cocktails (made with regular  Pepsi) oh and let's not forget about 8 oz. of iced coffee. I could do better. I will do better. I must do better. For exercise, all I did was take 2 short walks with my dogs. I could do better.


No comments:

Post a Comment